Whenever you install Windows on your PC, many of you will set up either a Microsoft account or a local account for security purpose. But have you ever been in a situation where you forgot your Windows login password and not able to login to your PC? Yes, isn’t it?
You sit down to log into your Windows PC, type in what you think is the password and bang, you realize you forgot what it was. You scratch your head to try different combinations of letters and numbers to see what will fit, but nothing works and think what do I do now?
If you have been in such a situation, then the best option to reset forgotten Windows Password. Well, at a time like this, here is a software which will help you reset your lost or forgotten Windows 10 password. Be it a Windows 10/ 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / or 2000, you can instantly unlock your system once you have everything ready.
Unlock, Bypass and Reset Windows Password Easily with PCUnlocker:
PCUnlocker is a bootable utility tool for Windows which can help you reset forgotten or lost Windows administrator, domain administrator, and other user account passwords instantly on Windows and Active Directory (AD) Servers.
Apart from resetting your forgotten Windows password, PCUnlocker can also bypass Windows login screen without overwriting your forgotten password, and help you restore access to a disabled or locked Windows user. It can even handle domain administrator and Microsoft account.
To reset forgotten Windows password follow the steps below.
1. First, download PCUnlocker and save the zip archive of ‘PCUnlocker’ using another computer you can log on to an administrator account. After downloading, extract the ISO file (pcunlocker.iso) from it.
2. Next, download the freeware ISO2Disc and install. After installing, locate your ISO image file you have extracted, then use ISO2Disc (click the ‘Start Burn’ button) to burn the ISO image to a blank CD or a USB flash drive.
3. When the CD or USB drive is ready, insert it into the PC which is password locked and boot it up. Once booting to the PCUnlocker screen, select your Windows registry hive, the program will list all Windows user accounts on your computer.
4. Now, select a single user from the list and then click the Reset Password button. A popup appears that asks you to enter a new password. Enter a new password or else leave it empty, then PCUnlocker will remove the existing password. Click on OK and you’re done.
5. Reboot/Restart your computer and remove the CD/USB. When comes back to Windows login screen, click your user account, and you can log in with your new password!
Benefits of PCUnlocker”
- Reset passwords to DSRM (Directory Services Restore Mode) accounts.
- Unlock/enable any Windows local account or Active Directory account that is locked out, disabled or expired.
- Reset administrator password for virtual machine runs in VMware, Parallels, VirtualBox, Microsoft Virtual PC, Hyper-V (Gen2 & Gen1 VM).
- Ability to remove login time restrictions on Windows local account and Active Directory account.
- Bypass the password of Windows local / Microsoft account without modifying the old password.
- Support RAID/SCSI/SATA drives, and FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 file systems.
- There are three editions of PCUnlocker – Standard Edition, Professional Edition and Enterprise Edition.
- Disable the “Force Smart Card Login”, if your Smart-Card is lost.
Passwords can add security to your computer, but they can also cause you headaches. When you forgot Windows password, you need a way to get them back. Using the tool discussed above, you should able to recover/reset Windows 10, 8 and 7 passwords with ease.