If you are working in a company you cannot access few websites from the workplace as there is no access to the blocked websites. But, still, people opt for different methods to unblock these setting and visit the blocked websites. Below we have a list of methods which can help you access the blocked websites.
How to Access Blocked Websites?
Restrictions/ ban over websites by the government is due to the reason that the websites are not following that countries tradition, culture or beliefs. However, you can access to the blocked websites by using any of these simple methods.
This will work for the sites those are hosted on VPN and server dedicated environment. There are 2 simple steps to access the blocked websites.
- Go the address bar.
- Type https://www/websiteURL.com instead of typing websiteURL.com
You will be seen a security notification with SSL installation. From the options select the “Proceed Anyway” then you will be redirected to the website you desire.
DNS Server Replacement:
This method will allow you to change or replace the DNS server to get access to the blocked website. Some countries will block the IP address from their country IPs, they will block it in their own DNS server. Many MNC companies, Schools and colleges generally use this method for blocking the sites. To solve this problem you can use the below trick.
- Windows XP Users:
- Click on Start > Control Panel > Network Connections.
- Select the specification Internet connection and right-click on it.
- Left click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), go to select the properties.
- Follow the above mentioned instructions.
- For Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Vista Users:
- If you are using Windows Vista and Click on the Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing center. If you as using Windows 8, Click on windows key > Click Search on the right-hand side > type control panel in the search panel > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Change the adapter settings, present on the left sidebar.
- Right click on the internet connection on which you are having trouble and click on properties.
- Select the Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IP) and click on the properties.
- Click the button next to DNS Server address.
- Use the alternate DNS Server as 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11.
- If you want o use open DNS then you can use 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 and click ok.
- For Android Users:
- Click on the WiFi setting.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network > Modify Network.
- Click on the box next to show advanced options.
- Tap DHCP > Click on the static IP > Scroll down and change the DNS1 and DNS 2.
- If you want use google DNS, enter 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 as preferred. If you want the open DNS then you can use 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 respectively.
Use IP instead of URL:
If you want to access to blocked sites by using IP instead of using URL then you can follow this trick. Using a ping domain.com command in the command prompt will take you to the IP address. You can also find it on online with the search of Whasmyip.
Using the google url shortner you can convert the long url into a short one. You can paste the long url here and convert it to short URL and get access to the desired website.
You can change the text from required language to other language output using this tool. Before entering the URL choose the page language as any language except English and translated languages as English. The site will be translated to the selected language.
If you find some RSS feed on the blocked website you can access the blocked pages. You can create the RSS feed if your desired website you can create it for using a service similar to Page2RSS. You have to enter the URL to generate the RSS feed for it.
This tool is very familiar for the bloggers. This method is usually used for recovery of data our sites. The Internet archive is used for backup and gives data for our site. We can also access to the blocked site through this option.
VPN and Proxy Sites:
For complete anonymity on the Web and to be able to access all websites blocked in your country, a virtual private network (VPN) is the best solution. The best VPNs are not free. If you really need privacy or want to avoid proxy websites, you can try Private Internet Access at $7 (Rs. 420) per month, or TorGuard at $10 (Rs. 600) per month. The above mentioned free web proxy sites also provide VPNs, you can also take a look at their pricing.
Additional Proxy Layer:
In this method, we use additional proxy layer. Sometimes these methods may not work if your ISP is very smart. If that is the scenario, then we have another trick to access the blocked sites.
Now let’s get started. There are many sites which provide Proxy IP and Port List for free of cost, like HideMyAss Proxy List, etc. Visit any of these sites and grab one Proxy IP: Port combination which has good speed and fast connection type – as shown in the screenshot below.
After you get one Proxy IP- Port combination, use the following procedure to add it in popular browsers like Google Chrome & Firefox.
For Google Chrome users:
Go to settings and click on Show Advanced Settings
Under the Network, click on the Change Proxy Settings Button
When the popup comes, click on the button called LAN Settings
On the next popup window check on “Use proxy server for your LAN“
Also mark the “Bypass proxy server for local address“.
Hit OK and save. That’s all. You are good to go.
For Firefox users:
Go to Options
Click on “Advanced” with a gear box sign from the top navigation section of the popup window
Select “Network” tab from the sub navigation
Under the Connections, select the Settings button
On the next popup window, select the radio button saying “Manual Proxy Configuration“
Put your Proxy IP : Port in the HTTP Proxy section
Check the “Use this proxy server for all protocol“.
Hit OK and save.
Every site will have a cached version. In the same way, the blocked sites will also have the cached version. So, you can access the data of the blocked site with this Google Cached version. When you search for any site which is blocked, the Search engine automatically shows you the cached version. When you click on that you will be redirected to the site. Irrespective of whether the site is live or not, you can get access with the help of this method. The picture below will give a better understanding.
Use HTML to PDF converter:
SodaPDF provides a free online service that can help you directly download a web page on your computer without even accessing it. Just visit this link and enter the desired URL. That’s it. There are other HTML to PDF converter web blocker bypass services that you can try.
All these are the best options to get access to the blocked websites. Stay tuned to this website or press CTRL+D to bookmark this page for more exciting updates from this page.